Power systems and network modelling
We know that a reliable, economically competitive and environmental friendly electricity power system is fundamental to the growth of our African continent.
It is a network that consists of generation, distribution and transmission systems. We help our clients creative a positive impact on people’s lives by contributing to a reliable and sustainable electricity power systems across the continent.
We execute network analysis and power system studies across various industries, such as mining, petrochemical, renewable energy, power utilities, rail networks, manufacturing, agriculture and supply to rural areas.
Zutari is supported by its diverse, vast and multidisciplinary pool of expertise, who bring a wealth of knowledge and proficiency to each project and deliverable.
Our engineering revolves around safety and cost. Our designs, together with our network modelling and system studies, help our clients deliver their proficient business outcomes efficiently and cost effectively.
We offer network studies and planning, that ensures the health and sustainability of the network, by developing infrastructure development plans based on minimum life cycle cost. We consider the technical, socio-economic, environmental and strategic elements shaping investment decisions.
Our power systems team utilise various digital tools such as PowerFactory – DIgSILENT, PSS/E, ETAP and PSCAD, to produce the following specialised outputs:
- Modelling of power systems
- Grid code compliance of new and existing generation
- Insulation coordination
- RMS/EMT simulations
- Quality analysis of power systems (harmonics, flicker, flexible alternating current transmission system (FACTS), etc)
- Dynamic Studies (Motor starting studies, rapid voltage changes, Arc flash studies, capacitor switching, transformer and generator energisation, lightning strikes and other transient events)
- Protection grading
- Unique system study expertise
We perform protection grading studies and calculate detailed relay settings to safe guard the plant and network against potential faults – isolating only those parts that should be disconnected in case of an outage.
Our engineering revolves around safety and cost, our designs together with our network modelling and system studies are efficient, proficient and optimise our clients’ operations.
Power systems Investment consulting and transaction advice
The unique combination of both technical and advisory experts in our teams, allows us to offer the following transaction and consulting services:
- Investment appraisal and business case development
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Sourcing of investment finance
- Transaction advice
- Due diligence
- Market analysis and techno-economic studies in support of business case development