Zutari is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company, with its main operating entity registered in South Africa.
Zutari is an Afri-centric business with operations in several locations throughout the continent. The locations or countries in which Zutari operates can be viewed at www.zutari.com/find-us.
In the conduct of its activities and functions, Zutari may collect and hold personal information about an individual, including but not limited to name, date of birth, identification number, gender, business or home address, contact details, occupation, professional qualifications and experience, employer, financial information and Zutari internet platforms accessed.
Zutari has implemented reasonable technical and organisational information security measures to protect personal information, but unauthorised access remains a possibility. Zutari will not take responsibility for anyone outside of Zutari’s control breaching its security measures.
Zutari collects and processes a wide range of personal information as part of operating its business. The basis for processing personal data includes but is not limited to:
- the consent given by an individual to Zutari to process the individual’s personal information;
- compliance with a legal obligation that Zutari as the controller is required to meet in terms of relevant privacy and data protection laws and regulations;
- performance of professional services and duties in terms of a contract to which an individual is a party;
- processing is necessary to protect an individual’s vital interests or the vital interests of another person; and
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Zutari or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by: security interests, an individual’s fundamental rights and freedoms and the protection of personal information from serious harm, all of which require protection of personal data where the data subject is a minor.
The use of personal information
Personal information will be collected and used or disclosed by Zutari for the purposes of conducting its business activities, for pursuing its legitimate interest, for legal or regulatory compliance activities as required by law or good business practice or for the purposes for which the information is provided. Zutari pursues a range of legitimate interests including but not limited to:
- assessing prospective clients and projects, including risk and creditworthiness;
- compliance with the relevant statutory obligations, including government reporting and specific local law requirements;
- handling or defending complaints, disputes or claims;
- performing professional services and duties;
- promotion of Zutari’s services, including details of events and seminars;
- recruitment and employment opportunities;
- undertaking research relating to professional services activities;
- passing information to Zutari’s related companies, credit agencies, government agencies and legal and professional service providers where appropriate.
Period of retention
Zutari will only store or retain an individual’s personal information for the period required in accordance with Zutari’s legitimate interest to do so or for the period necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations related to the storage of specific types of records and/or information.
Sharing of personal information
Rights as a data subject
At any stage while Zutari is in possession of or, processing of an individual’s personal information, the individual will have the following rights:
- right of access – to request a copy of the personal data held;
- right of rectification- to have personal data corrected that is inaccurate;
- right to erasure – in certain conditions to have personal data erased from records;
- right to restriction of processing – to restrict the processing of personal data, under certain conditions;
- right to object to processing – to object how personal data is processed;
- right of portability – to have personal data transferred to an individual or to another business in certain conditions.
The processing of personal information is based on consent, an individual can withdraw his/her consent at any time by contacting Zutari at firstname.lastname@example.org. Zutari will review or process the request or matter and provide a response as soon as practicable. The withdrawal of a consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Removal or change of personal details and complaints
If a person wishes to view, correct, update or remove personal details held by Zutari, or has any questions, concerns or complaints regarding privacy or Zutari’s management of personal information, Zutari may be contacted at email@example.com or at the relevant office address or telephone number listed at www.zutari.com/find-us. Zutari will review or process the request or matter and provide a response as soon as practicable. Zutari respects the right of individuals to remain anonymous.
If an individual remains dissatisfied, then he/she also has the right to take any complaints about how Zutari processed personal data to privacy protection agencies in the areas where Zutari operates.
An individual is not obligated to provide their personal information, however as this information is required for Zutari to provide an individual with its services and deal with legitimate interests, Zutari may not be able to offer the individual services without it.
“Cookies” are text files containing small pieces of information to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our platforms, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. A cookie file is stored inside your browser and allows the website or a third party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the website more useful to you.
- collect certain information about your browsing;
- store your preferences;
- share information with companies within Zutari and their partners to enable advertisements delivery;
- improving site user interface, optimising sales and marketing content.
Please note, however, that if you disable cookies or refuse to accept them, you may not be able to use all the features we offer. For example, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Zutari does not make decisions based on the automated processing of data, including profiling, which produce legal effects that significantly affect the individuals involved.
The information contained in the platforms are for general information purposes only and provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. It does not constitute professional, technical or other advice to any visitor and must not be relied upon as such by any person whatsoever. Errors or inaccuracies may exist on the information.
The use and access of our platforms is at a visitor’s own risk.
Intellectual property rights
Copyright and all intellectual property rights in all texts, drawings, materials, content and data available on or via the platforms, including logo’s, content, designs, trademarks and trade names are owned by ZUTARI alternatively, ZUTARI is the lawful user thereof.
Any unauthorised copying, reproduction, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication, broadcast or other circulation or exploitation of the material or any component thereof will constitute an infringement of such copyright and other intellectual property rights.
Nothing contained on any platform should be interpreted as granting any licence or right to use any trademark or other intellectual property without the prior written consent of ZUTARI.
Limitation of liability
To the extent allowed by law, neither ZUTARI nor any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing the information and or software available on or via the platforms will be liable for any direct or indirect damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use our platforms or information provided from or through our platforms or services.
This limitation of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication-line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behaviour, negligence or under any other cause of action.
ZUTARI shall have no responsibility and bear no liability for any third parties’ site, home page, programmes, communications or other information which can be accessed through or from this site.
Any visitor to the platforms acknowledges and agrees that the laws of the Republic of South Africa shall apply exclusively to any legal dispute.
Information disclosure – South Africa
Information disclosures required by law:
Full name: Zutari (Pty) Ltd
Registration number: 1977/003711/07
Directors: Dr NN Gwagwa (Chairperson), ZB Ebrahim, PJ Hendricks, M Msiwa, J Ndala, GT Rohde;
Street address: Riverwalk Office Park, 41 Matroosberg Road, Ashlea Gardens, Extension 6, Pretoria, 0081, South Africa
Postal address: PO Box 74381, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Web site: http://www.zutari.com
© 2020, All rights reserved.